twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

I have a rash on my right arm, slowly spreading, in small goosepimple sized bumps?

I do have moderate eczema, but I can tell this is something outside of the normal eczema breakout. It's very rapid moving, having spread from the fold of my inner elbow to all up and down the length of my arm within about five days. I've also noticed a white, almost welt-like spot with a couple smaller red spots around it: do you think it's a bug bite that led to a rash? I was moving boxes from my old house's basement and attic this past week, and there was a spider in my bed just the other day. So--bug bite or something more sinister? Any treatment advice? It doesn't itch too often, but when it does it gets very red and raised from the skin.
Answer:
Could there have been any mice in the basement that may have carried something to you? I would also consider an allergy to dust mites, especially if you already have a skin reaction (eczema). Have you tried taking any vitamin C for the inflammation? If it does not improve, go to the doctor.
I had a similar sounding experience last year. It was cellulitis (swelling of skin and follicles hence the goose-pimple look). On top of the cellulitis I had a staph infection. It made me feel ill and ended up in the emergency department twice cos I didn't get the medical help soon. Whether its something like that or a insect bite, you should get medical advice and treatment. Don't put it off like I did or it may get worse. If other symptoms occur like nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea, get to your doctor pronto.Hope it helps and good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net