twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

I have a rash. My school nurse said its poison ivy. Do you have any suggestions for me??

It really itches, its all over my arms and neck..and my face. Can I be allergic to something?? Or is it just a rash?
Answer:
If you've been walking in or near a woods or thick grassland recently, then it's probably poison ivy or poison oak. Sounds a lot like poison oak. I've had it before. If you want to scratch it (which you will), make your hand into a fist and slowly and gently rub with the knuckle where it itches. To treat it, use Calamine lotion.Gently rub over where it itches. After it's been applied, DO NOT SCRATCH IT. Let the lotion absorb into your skin. Don't wipe it off with a towel.Try to apply this at least thrice (three times) a day. It should be gone in no time! Hope this helps!
Listen to what she told you to do. Rubbing Alcohol dries up the lesions the best I have found. You can apply a band aid over it to prevent it from spreading.
Take Benadryl, they also have a cream esp. for poison ivy. it will help.hope you feel better.
Bathe in aveeno bath powder. Try not to scratch it too much. Wash you hands often as not to spread it all over your body.
hey.try to stay cool the heat will only make the itching worse...um...put some calamine lotion on it that should help the itch although it will make your skin a pinkish color. try not to scratch as well...scratching will only burst open the tiny blisters and cause the ivy to spread...which will lead to a bigger area of rash. and i'm not entirely sure about this but when i was little and i had a rash or whatnot my mom would have me take an oatmeal bath. now i know it sounds gross but it felt really good and once i rinsed off afterwards it was amazing...you can probably find oatmeal bath things at a store. The bath should help to dry out the poison ivy in time.but once again i'm not 100% postive of the affectiveness of the oatmeal bath. I know i used it as a kid and it worked then...well good luck and i know all of the other ones work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net