twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

I have a question about a not very common skin disorder...?

It consists of very red, constantly flaking skin. The skin on the person's hands is rough and crackily like rhino hide and the CONSTANT flaking is all over everything, because the skin disorder/condition effects the entire body. However, the people who suffer from this heal VERY quickly. After a day or two, a cut on their finger/arm/leg/etc is completely gone with no sign that it was even there. I want to find out the technical term for it. Someone I know has it and she told me the name, it's sort of complex. PLEASE, does anyone know the answer to this? I THINK she treats it with lotions or oils everyday, she can't wear perfumes and she gets sunburns very quickly and easily, she said she got 3rd degree sunburn on her ankles from sitting under an umbrella on the beach and her ankles being exposed to the sun for less than an hour. Her skin is rather fragile. Please help! I want to find out more about this so that I can look for things to help her. Thank you.
Answer:
It might be scleroderma (Latin for "hard skin"), which is an autoimmune disease (one where the body attacks part of itself). I have included two links so you can decide for yourself if that's what she has.
How kind of you to want to help your friend!
it could be harlequin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net