twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I have a small swelling or lump in my armpit. is it breast cancer? im 19 years old.?

the lump is painful when i press it
Answer:
Doubtful that it's cancer. A friend of mine developed an infection in one of the glands that is under there, that sounds very similar. Make an appointment with your doctor to have it checked out and taken care of before it gets worse.The tumor I had never hurt when I pressed on it.
I doubt its breast cancer, but you should get it checked. I have had this happen to me once before, right after I shaved my underarms. It was an ingrown hair that got infected. This is fairly common, but if you are really worried, you should see your doc.
Get it checked right away...the doctor should do a biopsy.
Because breast cancer often spreads first to the axillary (underarm) lymph nodes from the breast, determining whether the lymph nodes contain cancer is an essential part of the breast cancer diagnostic process.
http://www.imaginis.com/breasthealth/lym...
What you're describing is your lymph nodes or lymph glands.
Any of the small bodies located along the lymphatic vessels, particularly at the neck, armpit, and groin, that filter bacteria and foreign particles from lymph fluid. During infection, lymph nodes may become swollen with activated lymphocytes.
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/swolle...
This could be several things. It could be an ingrown hair, a swollen lymph node (which can be caused from a cold or even from smoking), or it could be something more serious. The best thing to do is to consult your doctor.
Also, just so you are not alarmed, it sounds like it could be a fibroma, which is very, very common in young ladies and benign. You still need to get it checked out.
Have it checked, most likely it is just a cyst, some deodorants cause this too.Go to the doctor and give your self some relief and I am praying for you...God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net