twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I have a small kidney stone and I have been finding white particles in my urine what are they?

I was in hospital for 10 days I was diagnosed with what they said was a small kidney stone, I stayed in due to exteme pain and was descharged about 5 days ago without passing the stone. I was told to drink plenty of water which I have been doing but the stone has still not passed and I have noticed since yesterday that there are small white particles in my urine, I am concerned what can they be? Also I have felt alot of pain in my right kidney and abdomen today does that mean the stone is moving? I have also been urinating more frequently. I would be grateful for any info. Thanks.
Answer:
The white particles could be uric crystals which form kidney stones. They could be small stones that were not able to be picked up on the x-ray. You're right in continuing to drink a lot of fluid. Yes, the stone could be moving. That's the only way for it to get out is to come out on it's own. If it were too big to pass, they would do a lithotripsy, break it up and then it would be in smaller pieces to pass. Additionally, now that you've formed a kidney stone, you'll be prone to getting them the rest of your life so even after this is all done and over with you need to continue to stay hydrated to keep the kidneys flushed or else crystals will form and new stones will form.
Ouch! I feel your pain. The white could be calcium or as a previous poster said, small stones not detected. You will feel pain as the stone moves, no doubt about that. Be glad it's moving, that means it's not stuck. Unfortunately, it will also eventually pass, and boy oh boy does that HURT, but it's such a relief when it's finally over.
These white particles are smaller stones that were not detectable in the original x-ray and or CAT scan. Keep drinking alot of water since that is the only way the stone will begin to move and be able to pass. Now that summer is only just a week away, you should drink all the time. Whenever you leave the house even for a few minutes, bring a bottle of water to drink. You are urinating more because your fluid intake is much higher then normal. That is normal, the more you take in ..the more you pee out.
Although, I am not a doctor I am a kidney transplant recipient so I do consider myself somewhat of an expert when it comes to kidney disorders. Feel free to IM or email me here if you have anymore additional questions.good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net