twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I have a small kidney stone and I have been finding white particles in my urine what are they?

I was in hospital for 10 days I was diagnosed with what they said was a small kidney stone, I stayed in due to exteme pain and was descharged about 5 days ago without passing the stone. The doctor said it would pass on its own, I was told to drink plenty of water which I have been doing but the stone has still not passed and I have noticed since yesterday that there are small white particles in my urine, I am concerned what can they be? Also I have felt alot of pain in my right kidney and abdomen today does that mean the stone is moving? I have also been urinating more frequently. Does this mean the stone is breaking up or could it be more stones? I would be grateful for any info as I am concernened especially about the reoccurring pain, which has been quite bad today. Thanks.
Answer:
Why don't you go somewhere to get your urine analyzed? Especially if you are in a lot of pain then the Emergency Department is the way to go...The pain from stones occurs when the stone gets logged in the ureter; it may or may not pass; if the stone is small as you said then it may be possible to have lithotripsy (one of the methods used to break down the stone into minute fragments that you can easily pass); you shouldn't just stay home and suffer; get some professional advice.It is impossible for anyone to tell you the composition of these "white particles" in your urine just by reading what you wrote; that is why laboratory tests exist.
probably the stones passing or more crystles. maybe you should see dr
sounds like the stones broken down and passing through
It sounds like calcium deposits and the stone coming away.
I think the stone is breaking up, but perhaps you should ring your doctor and check?
Those are the mineral deposits that make up the stone. The stone might be breaking up, but it's not anything to be concerned about. Kidney stones cause a lot of pain with urination when they pass, but the frequency is likely from the extra fluids you've been drinking. Just relax, but if you feel lower back pain lasting more than 24 hours, have blood in the urine, contact emergency services right away. The pain is very normal and even expected, so don't fret. You can also look at WebMD for more of what to expect with kidney stones. Get plenty of rest and drink lots of water and cranberry juice, and try to take your mind off the pain with your favorite movie or something.
Its the stone! Don't worry! You will probably find it painful some men think it must be like having a baby!
Please dont stress!
Milk.True.
First if you are concerned you should call your Dr. From my own experience... A kidney stone is a kidney stone, when it comes out they all feel like you are trying to pass a burr. I have been told that anytime the stone is moving they will cause pain. (I believe childbirth is less pain)I also have been told they take about 14 days to pass. If you haven't passed it by then they can go in and remove it. If you were in the hospital for 10 days, I wonder why they would have made to suffer through that and not just take it out when you were there. I'm not sure about the particles in your urine. Sometimes you can have what they call debris from the stone. If you are drinking allot that is why you are urinating allot.It is also hard to tell how many stones you have, the Dr. should have been able to tell you. Another thing is that after you have had a stone you are prone to have more.If you are in allot of pain you should call your Dr., you could even have a stone lodged somewhere.
Unbelievable pain this one, had it a few years ago came on without any warning, instant attack. Was told the same as your poor self kidney stone to drink plenty of water doesn!t mean you have to drink to much as this is not good, about three litres a day should do until this disperses naturally, it will go and probably say farewell to you also, only kidding, it is very painfull, particles are probably just calcium breaking away as some of the medics on this site will inform you more accurate, cut down coffee, tea, and if you drink the beer, moderate it for a while at least, good health.
Possibly Albumen - a protein that is normally broken down before it reaches the Bladder
pieces of the stone its breaking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net